Bacon, Lettuce & Tomato Salad
- 150 g KETTLE® Chips Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper
- 150 g Thick Slices of Streaky Smoked Bacon
- 50 g Washed Wild Rocket
- 50 g Washed Lamb’s Lettuce
- 25 g Washed Watercress
- 2 Firm Tomatoes
- 4 Slices White Bread
- Eggs – 1 per person
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Black Pepper
- Arrange KETTLE® Chips Sea Salt & Crushed Black Pepper on a shallow serving dish.
- Pick, wash and drain the rocket, lamb’s lettuce and watercress and place in a large bowl.
- Cut the sliced bacon into thin strips. Place some olive oil in a shallow frying pan and sauté the bacon until cooked. Remove and set aside.
- Cut the bread into cubes. Place a little more olive oil into the same shallow frying pan as used for the bacon and at a gentle heat, place the bread cubes in the pan and fry until golden brown. Remove and drain on some kitchen paper.
- Make the salad dressing with balsamic vinegar, olive oil and salt & black pepper to individual taste.
- Add the salad dressing to the leaves and toss together, adding the bread cubes, the bacon and tomato.
- Arrange the salad on top of the KETTLE® Chips.
- Gently poach the eggs in boiling water until cooked but soft. Drain and place on top of salad.