Beetroot, Red Bean & Orange Dip
- 300 g Cooked Beetroot
- 100 g Cooked Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Orange
- 100 g Pickled Red Cabbage
- 1 Small Red Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- Sea Salt & Milled Black Pepper
- Peel and roughly chop the red onion and place in a food processor.
- Add two cloves of crushed garlic, two tablespoons of olive oil and 100 g of pickled red cabbage, drained.
- Blend together till fairly smooth, add two thirds of the cooked beetroot, roughly chopped and blend into the mixture.
- Take the remaining cooked beetroot, cut into small dice and place in a small bowl. Add the red kidney beans, (cooked washed and drained.) Add a tablespoon of balsamic vinegar and mix together then set aside.
- Take fine slithers from the orange peel and cut into fine strips, set aside.
- In a bowl place the blended mixture, add the diced beetroot, beans and balsamic vinegar and fold in carefully.
- Add the juice of half of the orange and mix well.
- Finally season to taste with sea salt and milled black pepper. Place in refrigerator before serving, sprinkle the orange peel strips on top just before serving. Enjoy!