Mango & Ginger Dip
- 300 g Quark
- 100 g Sour Cream
- 2 Ripe Mangos
- 50 g Light Brown Sugar
- 20 g Fresh Stem Ginger
- 20 g Light Cider Vinegar
- 20 g Fresh Chives
- 20 g Red Onion, finely chopped
- 20 g Fresh Coriander, roughly chopped
- 5 g Garlic Puree
- 1 Teaspoon of Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Teaspoon of Ground Turmeric
- Salt & Milled Black Pepper
- Remove the skin from the mango and dice the flesh into ¼ inch pieces. Add the light brown sugar and gently fold together. Put to one side.
- Finely chop the red onion and chives. Grate the stem ginger. Wash and roughly chop the fresh coriander.
- In a bowl place the light cider vinegar, red onion, chives, grated stem ginger, cumin, turmeric, garlic and cayenne pepper. Blend together thoroughly.
- Fold in the diced mango and sugar.
- Place the quark and sour cream into a bowl and blend together until smooth. Add the contents of the other bowl and fold carefully.
- Finish by folding in the coriander, sea salt and milled black pepper to taste. Cover and place in the refrigerator whilst the flavours infuse, until ready to serve.
This makes a cool, refreshing dip to complement KETTLE® Chips Honey Barbecue.